Friday, April 20, 2007

Adoption Education

Ok - Sorry for the mini vacation there, I'm back. I have to do 10 hours of adoption education for DCFS requirements (need a foster license for adoption only), as well as adoption education hours through AAI, and one of the tools is a set of DVD's. The DVD's are broken into 4 sets of disks, and there are 4 sets of tests to take after each 'module'. So every night I load a disc into our personal DVD player and watch. Each mod is about an hour in length. I have watched 2 disks, a total of 3 mods, and taken 3 online tests. Each one is scored & the results are sent off, somewhere... So far, I've aced all 3!! Too bad I fell asleep in the beginning of the second one & had to watch the whole darn thing all over. Note to self - Don't watch them in bed after a long day at work! Anyway, it's going fine, but I want to finish soon! I have one more mod, one more test, but 2 discs left. The last disk you are not tested on, but they talk about a lot of resources & things, so I want to see that one too. Tomorrow I have a 6 hour adoption seminar that I have to attend. That will get me through the rest of my hours. The seminar tomorrow deals more with domestic adoption, but I am sure it will be helpful. It may even help with my youngest, as he has MANY questions & thoughts about his own adoption that are popping up now that we are going through the process, so it will be interesting to hear what they say. Anyway, the young lad has his first ever soccer game tomorrow! Great timing! Anyway, the girls are going to take him for me, hopefully someone will remember to take pictures for me. I'm sad that I'm going to miss it.... Well, there's another one next weekend, and the weekend after that, and after that...

1 comment:

Swerl said...

I like your blog and added you to my blogroll on my site about Ethiopian adoption:

http://swerl.blogspot.com

My wife and I are waiting on our referral for a baby girl.