Saturday, May 19, 2007

Last Home Visit

This past Tuesday was the last home visit with the Social Worker. My SW is working with an intern who will be actually writing the report. She is a really nice young lady! This is the first one she's writing, so they are working together very closely. They are both great! Anyway, the visit was set for Tuesday, 7 to 9pm, so we could finish the last of some DCFS paper work as well as make sure I have given them all the documents they needed to finish the HS. Since they had met the kids last time, they wanted to know if we would could have some time without interruption to get some of it done. Luckily enough R has soccer practice Tuesday's so I wasn't worried figuring they would be with R at soccer. Well, then it rained all day Tuesday so of course practice was cancelled. Figures. So I gave them some money & sent them off to dinner by themselves (remember my oldest 2 are 17 & 15). I told them to return as close to 9pm as they could. The visit went well & we got through the licensing paper work for DCFS. They don't think we'll need another visit, which is great! The kids went to dinner as Applebee's & gave the waitress a 40% tip! I betcha she loved them!! She probably cringed when she realized she had been seated 3 kids... Little did she know!

No comments: