Monday, March 26, 2007

Home Visit

The first home visit will be April 12th, while the kids are on Spring Break. Luckily enough for me (please note the sarcasm), it's on a Thursday, so I'm sure the house will be immaculate - NOT! Also, since I am planning on taking Thursday & Friday off from work, that means I most certainly will be working late on Weds., which means midnight cleaning! Can't wait. To top it off, she isn't coming until 1pm, which means I have to convince my son to eat breakfast & head right outside. Do not pass go and do not collect $200 either! Oh well, I'm sure she's seen a somewhat disorganized house ("What do you mean the PS2 controllers don't belong on the floor in front of the TV? Really?") before, right?
Now, I have to warn her about the 4 beers at the wedding two years ago story that my son repeatedly tells at the most inopportune times, or bribe him not to bring it up at all.... I don't normally drink, at all, EVER. At my cousin's wedding, I happened to drink a couple of beers. My lovely daughters happened to tell him that I had 4! To this day he still talks about, it must have made a BIG impression. Most times, like in the Kohl's dressing room, he just says loudly "Mom, I know you like to drink beer. You were drinking a lot at that wedding." I am sure everyone there thought I probably over indulge frequently. Which is why I feel the need to get my story out there before he does... We'll have to see

No comments: